Yes! A few things could be improved on the MIDI FU 350 lathe. And that is done now… The MIDI 2
Here are the improvements:
- The bank has become heavier
- The main shaft now has 3 bearings and the distance between the bearings has increased
- Wider belts and pulleys and poly V-belts.
- Belt changes can now be made at the front of the machine. There is a window in the sealing valve.
- Spindle llocking of the Stratos XL.
- The thread on the shaft now has the ASR (Euro) run off protection M33 x 3.5
- Larger speed range of the frequency inverter.
- The pinole can now be turned 100 mm out of the loose head.
- The pinole now runs on trapezoidal thread and can therefore absorb larger forces. (was metric)
- the handwheel now has a grip with bearings.
- frequency inverter
frequency controller controls the start and stop. (soft start and stop)
of course, the particularly quiet course has remained
Digital RPM readout
Size indication on the pinole
24-step distribution disc that is easy to read.
Magnetic control box with:
* on off – * Forward and reverse – * speed dial
engine: 0.75 kW
Center height 178 mm
space between centers 400 mm
dimensions 980 x 330 x 460 mm
length of bed 71 cm
RPM over 3 pulleys: 60 – 1000/150 – 1900/350 – 3700
disc 24 positions
Weight 51 kg
Spindle and tailstock with Morse Taper 2
thread on shaft: M33 x 3.5
80 mm clamping plate
15 cm tool rest
nock out rod
4-tooth drive center
Spanner for unscrewing the faceplate