Stronghold chuck set
The stronghold is Oneway’s heaviest chuck. The diameter of the body is about 13 cm. This ‘heavy duty chuck’ is designed for super grip on larger workpieces. The chuck comes standard with ribbed No. 2 jaws and a worm screw. This set contains the most commonly used jaws. The standard thread in this chuck is M33 x 3.5mm. If you want a different thread, choose it in the pull-down menu. These are the jaws that are included in this set:
- 3236 Dovetail jaws mainly used to hold dishes.
- 2159 Jumbo bowls that are mainly used to finish dishes and plates on the bottom.
- 2104 Pin cymbal. Mainly used for making pens, finials and other small work…
- 2103 The standard jaws that sit on the four jaw. Suits square and round material, universal.
One-way Stronghold Chucks:
- are made of high quality steel.
- have nickel-plated bodies.
- have hardened mounting jaws
- the key has a manganese phosphate coating, for a pleasant grip and against rust.
- one-handed operation of the sprocket wrench.
- have the patented Over-Extension Safety System. This ensures that the jaws will not come loose from the body during work.
- are supplied as standard with the universal ribbed jaws number 2.
- are supplied with a hardened worm screw as standard.
- Robust design. The different parts can take a beating
To give the Stronghold chuck a permanent place when it is not on the lathe, a handy attribute is available.
Choice of other jaws
Different jaws are available for the Stronghold chuck. Click here for an overview of all jaws. If you get tired of changing the cymbal after a while, you can always add an extra body (chuck without jaws). The Stronghold jaws and the Talon jaws are not interchangeable.
Does your lathe have a different thread than the one in the drop-down menu? Send me an email with the screw thread you have. (only passing on the diameter does not help) I have the most exotic thread adapters for these chucks available.
If you want to learn more about clamping or other woodturning techniques, watch the videos here.