Woodoc 5 is a special way of finishing, it is not oil but it is also certainly not lacquer! It is a mix of polyurethane and wax. Woodoc 5 gives a natural matte finish. It penetrates like an oil and it protects like a lacquer.
- It gives a wood a look as if it is oiled.
- Easy to apply
- Penetrates deep into the wood. Nourishes the wood and accentuates the grain.
- Water & Alcohol Resistant
- Heat and cold resistant
- Scratch resistant
- Not harmful after drying.
Tips on applying Woodoc 5
- Woodoc 5 contains a mattering agent that drops down into the pot. Therefore, shake the pot well before use and stir in the pot for prolonged use. If Woodoc is shaken it should be a bit amber, it looks like tea with milk.
- Apply it in three layers for optimum protection.
- The first layer is the most important. This layer must penetrate deep into the wood and is the foundation for the next layers. During application, dull spots will soon occur. Immediately update it by adding extra Woodoc. Continue until a glossy layer is used for 10 minutes.
- Allow the first layer to dry for 8 to 12 hours (depending on the conditions) following layers dry in 1 to 3 hours.
- Always light sanding between different layers. This ensures that the fibers that are pressed out of the wood because the wood gets saturated again are sanded away and a tight surface arises for the next layer.
- Remove abrasive dust and wipe the surface clean with turpentine or white spirit. Do not use water.
- Before putting the first layer to grit 180. Between Layer 1 and 2 use grain 240.
- Grain 320 between Layer 2 and 3.
- After layer 3 I still use Sia membrane yellow. Super smooth but matte finish.
Use Woodoc 5 not on the floor, use Woodoc 25 or Woodoc 25w use Woodoc 5 only on indoor products. If you want to treat previously lacquered wood with Woodoc 5 remove all old coatings and start again with Kaalgeschuurd Wood. If you want to treat previously oiled wood with Woodoc 5 then remove the oil by sanding the surface well and clean it with white spirit or turpentine. Remove any residues with a sch0ne dry cloth and allow the surface to dry properly. If you want to deal with Wooddoc 5 treated wood again, sand the surface then lightly with BV wool 0000 and re-apply the Woodoc. With 1 liter Woodoc you can handle about 3.3 m² (3 layers). Woodoc 5 is available in 0.5 litres, 1 litre and on request per 5 litres. Woodoc compared to other finishers download here as PDF (English).