The Talon is Oneway’s second heaviest chuck. The diameter of the body is about 10 cm. This ‘heavy duty chuck’ is designed for super grip on smaller and medium-sized workpieces. The chuck comes standard with ribbed No. 2 jaws and a worm screw. This set contains the most commonly used jaws. The standard thread in this chuck is M33 x 3.5mm. If you want a different thread, choose it in the pull-down menu. These are the jaws that are included in this set:
3238 Dovetail jaws – mainly used to hold bowl and dishes.
2047 Jumbo jaws that are mainly used to grip dishes and plates on the edge to, for example, turn the foot away…
3016 Pin jaws. Mainly used for making pens, finials and other small work…
2103 The standard jaws that sit on the chuck. Suits square and round material, universal.
One-way Talon chucks:
- are made of high quality steel.
- have nickel plated bodies, no rust.
- have hardened mounting jaws
- have key with manganese phosphor coating, for a pleasant grip and against rust.
- with one hand operation of the chuck key.
- have the patented Over-Extension Safety System. This ensures that the jaws do not come loose from the body during work.
- are supplied as standard with the universal ribbed jaws number 2.
- are supplied with a hardened worm screw as standard.
- Robust design. The different parts can take a beating
To give the Talon chuck a permanent place when it is not on the lathe, a handy attribute is available.
Choice of other jaws
Different jaws are available for the Talon chuck. Click here for an overview of all jaws. If you get tired of changing the cymbal after a while, you can always add an extra body (chuck without cymbal). The Stronghold jaws and the Talon jaws are not interchangeable.
If you want to learn more about clamping or other woodturning techniques, watch the videos here.