The stronghold is the heaviest chuck made by Oneway. The diameter of the body is about 13 cm. This heavy duty Chuck is designed for super grip on larger pieces of work. The chuck comes standard with ribbed nr. 2 jaws, a worm screw and an adapter to fit the shaft of your lathe. Choose the screw thread of your lathe in the Pulldown menu
Oneway Stronghold chucks:
- Are made of high quality steel.
- Have ‘ nickel plated ‘ bodies.
- Have hardened essential parts
- Have ‘ manganese phosphate ‘ coated scroll. For pleasant grip and against rust.
- With Single-Hand control of the chuck key.
- Have the patented Over-Extension Safety System. This ensures that the jaws don’t loosen the body.
- Come standard with the universal ribbed and profiled jaws number 2.
- Come standard with a hardened heavy worm screw.
- Robust design.
To give the Stronghold chuck a fixed place if it’s not on the lathe there is a handy attribute available.
Choice of jaws
For the Stronghold chuck there are several cymbals available. Click here for an overview of all the pelvis.
- Spigot jaws – small swivel work
- Nr 3 and Nr 4 cymbal-for scales and vases. These jaws can be supplied both smooth and ribbed.
- Nr 5 and NR 6 cymbal-for large scales. These jaws are ribbed and are made in aluminium
- Jumbo jaws -For the finish of the bottom of your bowls
- Flat jaws -To create your own shape of jaws
The Stronghold jaws and the Talon jaws are not interchangeable.